The 12th International Modelica Conference will be held at Clarion Congress Hotel Prague, Czech Republic, May 15–17, 2017. It is organized by The Czech Society for Cybernetics and Informatics (CSKI) and the Modelica Association.
About the Conference
The Modelica Conference is the main event for users, library developers, tool vendors and language designers to share their knowledge and learn about the latest scientific and industrial progress related to Modelica and to the Functional Mockup Interface.
The program will cover modeling of complex physical and cyber-physical systems, as well as tools, for a wide range of research and industrial applications.
In addition to paper presentations and poster sessions, the conference features several Modelica tutorials for beginners and advanced users, as well as vendor presentations, and an exhibition. The previous Modelica conference in 2015 was attended by more than 400 participants from all over the world, and we would like to welcome even more participants to this conference.
The conference will take place at Clarion Congress Hotel Prague located in a modern part of Prague − Vysočany, only 11 minutes by metro from the historical centre of Prague.
Clarion Congress Hotel Prague****
Vysočany, 190 00 Praha
For more information about how to get there and accomodation see the VENUE DETAILS.
Scope of the Conference
Modelica is a freely available, equation-based, object-oriented language for convenient and efficient modeling of complex, multidomain cyber-physical systems described by ordinary differential, difference and algebraic equations.
The Modelica language and the companion Modelica Standard Library have been utilized in demanding industrial applications, including full vehicle dynamics, power systems, robotics, hardware-in-the-loop simulations and embedded control systems.
The Functional Mockup Interface (FMI) is an open standard for the tool-independent exchange of models and for co-simulation.
It is supported by many Modelica and non-Modelica tools and is the key to utilizing Modelica models in non-Modelica environments. The Modelica conference will bring together people using Modelica and/or FMI for modeling, simulation, and control applications, Modelica language designers, Modelica and/or FMI tool vendors and Modelica library developers.
The Modelica Conference provide Modelica users the opportunity to stay informed about the latest language, library, and tool developments, and to get in touch with people working on similar modeling problems. The conference will cover topics such as the following:
• Multi-engineering modeling and simulation with free and commercial Modelica libraries (mechanics, electrical, hydraulics, thermal, fluid, media, chemical, building, automotive, aircraft, …)
• Automotive applications
• Thermodynamic and energy systems applications
• Mechatronics and robotics applications
• Medicine and biology applications
• Other industrial applications, such as electric drives, power systems, aerospace, etc.
• Real-time and hardware-in-the-loop simulation
• Simulation and code generation for embedded control systems
• Simulation acceleration by use of many CPU cores or GPU cores
• Applications of Modelica for optimization and optimal control
• Modelica modeling, simulation and design tools
• Symbolic algorithms and numerical methods for model transformation and simulation
• Discrete modeling techniques − FEM, CFD, DEM (Discrete Element Method), …
• New features of the Modelica language and of FMI
• Modelica in other application areas (mathematical programming, databases etc.)
• Modelica for teaching and education
• FMI in Modelica and non-Modelica applications and tools
Call for Papers
Papers can be submitted for full presentation or for poster presentation. In addition, new free Modelica libraries can be introduced to the public. The Modelica Free Library Award will be given to the best and second best free libraries submitted for review. Modelica Association members (excluding selection committee members) can apply for this award too.
Please see the Call-for-Papers page for further information about the submission and/or application process and the submission templates. All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed by the Conference Program Committee (3 reviews per paper).
The conference proceedings will be published electronically. After the conference, the proceedings will be available online. Authors keep the copyright for their papers and just provide non-exclusive publication rights to the Modelica Association.
Exhibition and Other Calls
During the first day of the Conference, tutorials and vendor session will be held.
A commercial exhibition will also be arranged in conjunction to the conference. The commercial exhibition will be integrated with the session halls, poster exhibition and the catering services and will thus be an excellent exhibition window towards the expected 400-500 delegates. The exhibition will be open during conference hours. There are also various options to sponsor the conference.
For more information, please check the Other Calls page. More information to the Calls for vendor session, tutorial/workshop, and sponsoring opportunities will be given soon.
- December 30, 2016 Paper submission, Tutorial application, library submission, vendor presentation, and exhibitor application
- January 22, 2017 Paper submission, Library submission, Vendor presentation
- February 17, 2017 Notification of paper acceptance
- March 8, 2017 Early registration deadline
- April 1, 2017 Submission of final papers and libraries, Exhibitor application
- May 8, 2017 Late registration deadline
Preliminary Outline of Conference
Monday, May 15, 2017
13:00 – 16:30 Tutorials & FMI User Group
17:00 – 19:15 Vendor presentations
Tuesday, May 16, 2017
8:30 – 18:30 Conference and exhibition
19:30 Conference dinner
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
8:30 – 16:30 Conference and exhibition
Special Journal Issue
It is planned that the best scored 10 % of the reviewed papers are invited to be submitted in an improved and extended form for a special issue of an open access, ISI-referenced journal.
- Doc. MUDr. Jiří Kofránek, CSc. , Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic (Conference Chair)
- Prof. Francesco Casella, Politecnico di Milano, Italy (Program Chair)
- Prof. Peter Fritzson, Linköping University, Sweden
- Prof. Martin Otter, DLR, Germany
- Dr. Hilding Elmqvist, Mogram, Lund, Sweden
- Dr. Michael Tiller, Xogeny, Michigan, USA
- Dr. Marek Mateják, Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic
- Ing. Filip Ježek, Czech Technical University, Czech Republic email@example.com
(regarding exhibition, sponsoring and vendor sessions)
- Ing. Milena Zeithamlová, Action M Agency, Czech Republic firstname.lastname@example.org
(regarding registration, payment and practical issues)
- Veronika Sýkorová, DiS., Creative Connections s.r.o., Czech Republic
Organization and Contact
The conference is organized by “The Czech Society for Cybernetics and Informatics (CSKI)” and Politecnico di Milano in cooperation with the Modelica Association.
For any questions, please send an email to: email@example.com